Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dawn

I got up in the dark this morning. I wanted to get to my sit spot before the birds woke up. I figured that was one way I could avoid troubling them and also get a chance to hear their morning chorus.

I made it swiftly and not altogether too clumsily (unlike this phrase!) to my spot using a more established trail that I have created. I know that I shouldn't go to my spot the same way, but this one was the best approach because it was dark and I still don't know the terrain as well as I'd like.

Sitting there I heard lovely morning calls from the Pacific Wren. Boy, were they loud this morning! There were also the songs from another type of bird that I don't yet know. and I even heard the Northern Flicker say a couple of words as well.

It was nice to get outside in the dark. It made dawn lovely and I established a connection with the natural world from the first moments of my day. How lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment