Monday, January 28, 2013

First official post

This is my first official post on this blog. Though I have written other entries, I will start with this one.

As part of my nature connection work, it is important that I visit my (secret) sit spot everyday. Rain or shine. Evening and dawn and daytime. Though I don't expect to be able to do so every day, I will certainly try.

The other piece is to report my findings from the day. If I don't share my story then I may forgot what indeed I learned, observed or experienced. If others don't ask to hear my story, then any subtle nature connections that I may have developed will probably get lost. Please ask about my sit spot! It would mean a lot to me.

Notes from this morning:

I got up at dawn and made it to my spot, entering the thicket in one of my usual places. The birds were singing... I am not sure what birds they were but it was definitely their morning chorus. I am certain that I heard the Pacific Wren (Troglodytes pacificus) because it has over 100 different notes in it's song, apparently more than 36 notes per second! Incredible sound for such a tiny little brown bird!

Then one actually alarmed called as it got closer and closer to me. I turned to see it chirping in alarm and then it quickly flew off. And then I got up and left my sheltered spot to enjoy some morning drizzle on the walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment