Friday, April 19, 2013

from 4/16, Tuesday- Kayaking to Post Point

Got into the boat again on this sunny morning. Met up with Mike, who works at the boating center, whose partner is one my colleagues, and who came, with his partner Kelley, over to our apartment that same night for dinner. We paddled around the corner, past the US Coast Guard, past the ferry terminal and to Marine Park. We took a short break and went a little bit further south down the coast to Post Point. We came across six or so pairs of Harlequin ducks and promptly scared them. Sorry duckies!

It was lovely and sunny, and as we paddled back an hour later, the wind picked up and the storm began its approach. Indeed we had perfect timing and I rode my bike home looking over my shoulder to see the white-caps on the water....

Mike was sharing tips about successful kayaking technique. He showed me the body mechanics to consider and things to avoid so as to protect myself and my gear. It was just a nice way to get outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment