Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Never thought I'd say it...

.. and never thought I'd mean it:

I missed the rain. I really like the rain.

After two weeks of glorious and sunny weather, blooming flowers and abundant energy everywhere, I needed the rain to come back. I was pretty tired from all the sunlight and the rain brought calm and quiet back to a frenzied world. Maybe it's just because I am busy but I feel that the rain slowed down everything around me also and let us settle into our homes once again. I know that my garden it probably pretty happy about the weather having shifted too... the plants were parched!

It's nice to have wind and rain and weather move in. It is exciting in a subdued way. Perfect for Bellingham (nickname: City of Subdued Excitement) and perfect for me right now.

The sprinkles from the sky soothed my searing skin when I stepped out of the sweat lodge last Sunday. I participated in a Sacred Hunting circle and then purified my body during the subsequent sweat. It was a good energy that we created a good energy together and then purged our negatives and oppressing energy with a three-hour sweat lodge. How nice. How ritualistic. How instinctive. How real. Good medicine.

If there is any major take-home it is this:
"When a hunter who is in right relationship with themselves and all of creation, sends an arrow from their heart to the heart of the right animal, it never misses."

No comments:

Post a Comment