Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sit spot- from 5/3

I felt inspired to get out to a sit spot, so I thought I might choose the same one that I have visited twice already. I asked Matt if he would go to his sit spot in the morning (this all happened yesterday- 5/3) and he said that he'd be out there at 7:30am. We chatted about triangulating the bird calls near our adjacent sit spots to see if we could determine some of the translations... and yes, birds DO have a language that we CAN understand if we learn it...

Anyways, I was out there from 7:45~8:30 and walked barefoot through the forest to get there... that in itself was invigorating and a GREAT way to start the day. I never saw Matt but figured he was there and that we'd catch up to talk about the stuff we heard.

I walked in the door of the apartment building to see Matt holding a paint can! Turns out he was working on the building and that he wasn't up there! I was "coyote'd" and was at my sit spot by myself. I was certainly not angry about Matt's "deception" because he really had work to do. I actually thanked him for it because it was the best way for me to start my day off. And the rest of the day was fabulous.

-Walked around the forest with bare feet and felt the earth on my soles (in my soul).
-New bird call.... like an engine starting up or a referee blowing a whistle slowly and then faster...
-A bird came zipping through the brush about 10 feet from me
-The growth is tremendous... in only one month it is like climbing through a jungle (literally) to get to my spot.
-I think I like my spot. And I should go back a little more often too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment